COVID-19 is taking the bulk of people’s mindshare right now, and I wanted to put some of the links I’m finding useful, interesting, or hopeful in one spot. I’ll be updating this as things progress and hopefully be getting it more organized.
Just to be clear, while emissions have fallen due to reduced travel during the crisis, we should be doing everything we can to help our fellow human beings right now. Some people are saying that the crisis is an opportunity to “thin the herd” or some other nonsense. Coronavirus is not the way to a brighter future for everyone.
- How to start a mutual aid network
- Coronavirus sparks an epidemic of people helping people in Seattle
- Coronavirus catalyzes growing wave of grassroots action
- Feeling powerless about coronavirus? Join a mutual aid network
- Can volunteer-run online platforms to support neighbors in need meet demand?
- Insurrectionary mutual aid
- Mutual Aid network maps
- Nation of Makers action roundup
- Prusa – How it’s important to be 2 steps ahead
- Cville Makes Maker resource roundup
RENT STRIKE RESOURCES
- Need to get around in a pandemic? Ride a bike
- Bike shops are essential
- Here’s how electric bikes and scooters can help prevent spreading coronavirus
- Coronavirus has caused a bicycling boom in NYC
- Legal Aid Justice Center VA – Advocacy during COVID-19
- Coronavirus and the need for social ecology (municipalism)
- We’re not going back to normal
- The key ingredient to surviving both coronavirus and climate change: our shared sense of humanity
- COVID-19 exposes deadly gaps in our social safety net
- Local mental health experts urge people to get help, and to help
Last Updated: 3/28/2020 @ 5 pm